Chris's Journal

Monday, October 31, 2005

Lung Cancer Awareness Month

November is Lung Cancer Awareness month. I am happy to let you know that we had a proclamation signed by the Governor and it is on the State of Wyoming website,
http://wyoming.gov/governor/press_releases/execorder/2005/execorders2005.asp#proclamations

You can click on it to read the text. I am working on the possibility of a public signing. I will keep you posted. I hope that next year we can have an event in November. We need to make sure that lung cancer is no longer the invisible disease.

Look at these great ads by Lung Cancer Alliance:
http://www.lungcanceralliance.org/pdf_docs/LCA_ad_2.pdf

http://www.lungcanceralliance.org/pdf_docs/LCA_ad_1.pdf

Print them out and spread them about. Let's make education and awareness our goal for November. Then, let's make it our goal for 2006. Thank you all!

(I have emailed the folks at Lung Cancer Alliance to see if we can print them and post them. I will post a note about it when I hear back.)

Second round of chemo went ok. They dripped in the benedryl first, so no reaction to the Alimta. I did take a big ol nap when I got home. I did not miss any work-just slept in a bit on Thursday and today. Few weird things going on...just feels strange and I feel a bit squishy. (I had to explain "squishy" to Dr. Kanard! In our family that means queasy...) The treatment also kicked up the numbness in my hands and feet again-damn.

Happy Monday, Happy Halloween!
chris

1 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Chris in Wyoming said…

    I contacted Lung Cancer Alliance and they have given permission to print and post the ads, as well as link to them.
    Spread the word!
    chris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home