Chris's Journal

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Here we go again

I had a chest x-ray and CT scan and then met with Dr. Kanard at the Cancer Center. Some of the little buggers have grown and one has decided to move in on real estate previously occupied by my airway…so, thinking that an open airway is necessary I was sent to see Dr. Carlton. He is wonderful, too. I am so lucky. I have a caring, compassionate, and competent medical team Every time I think I am not doing enough or when I let the statistics defeat me, I think about how good they are and how terrific my “circle of care” is and I fight on.
So, anyway, Dr. Carlton is a radiation oncologist here in Cheyenne and will be starting my radiation treatments today. I got my teeny little tattoos yesterday. Since they were my first you would think that I could have gotten a flower or a heart, or something!

Radiation treatments are everyday, M-F, for at least 4 weeks. Once radiation is complete I will start my new chemo protocol, Alimta.

If you are interested, please take a look at the Women Against Lung Cancer website,
http://womenagainstlungcancer.org , and sign the petition. There is also a link for a newsletter and links to good information about lung cancer.

Thank you. Enjoy the rest of your summer...and please, stay in touch. It helps more than you know.

Hugs,
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home