Chris's Journal

Friday, August 19, 2005

Just checking in

I hope all of you are enjoying your end of summer. My favorite season is almost here. I love the fall!

9 radiation treatments down, 16 to go, and I am pooped today! By 11:30 I was needing a nap. I keep saying that we all need a nap mat and graham crackers. So far, so good on the radiation. My skin does not feel burned and swallowing is still mostly ok (thank goodness! I mean, smoothies are great and all, but it is fresh corn season!)

I want to share a quote I read from an article titled, A wake up call over lung cancer. “Dana Reeve’s announcement and Peter Jennings’ death is casting a spotlight on a dirty secret about lung cancer: you don’t have to be a smoker to get it.”

I am sorry for them and their families, but glad to see the awareness being raised about lung cancer and the need for more funding for research. I have already posted stats (in April) and web sites and hope the information has been useful to you. I know it has been eye opening to me….and shocking.

Another site with good information is http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics. Information about cancer, treatments, new drugs, etc.

Hope you all are doing well. Thanks for all the love and care.
chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home