Chris's Journal

Monday, September 12, 2005

Radiation wrap-up

2 more radiation treatments-will wrap up on Wednesday. Happy hour anyone?!
The folks at Radiation Therapy are terrific! The amazing people that I have come in contact with in all this over the last year have made the process do-able.
My throat is not as sore this week and my skin, front and back, is not too bad. I am tired off and on and soooo thirsty! Spent most of yesterday in the lounge chair in the shade reading. What a luxury!

Next up: CT scan (I have lost track of how many of those that I have had!) and another B-12 shot. Before I start Alimta I have to be on folic acid and B-12. I will see Dr. Kanard on the 4th and start chemo that day. If you are interested, information about Alimta can be found on the chemocare.com site (http://www.chemocare.com/bio/bio.sps?iBiographyID=12405).
If that link does not work, go to chemocare.com and select chemo drugs.

On another topic, a dear friend of dear friends of mine was seriously hurt while riding her bike outside of Laramie. There will be a benefit to help with medical expenses on Saturday in Laramie's Washington Park. More info can be found on the web page:
http://www.cyclewyoming.org/barb.htm. There is also a raffle and I have tickets for the cool cruiser bike that New Belgium donated. They are $5.00 each.

Take good care...every day is a gift.
chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home