Chris's Journal

Friday, May 23, 2008

chemo and tornados

Chemo 51...and tornados.
Driving south yesterday I was passing through Wellington as the tornado was approaching. Lots of one-inch hail, lots and lot of pounding rain and wind. Cars and trucks pulling off all over, but it seemed to crazy to do that, so I plowed ahead. I think that was a good decision, since on the return trip I saw all the down power lines, trees and blown over trucks...It appears the strongest of the winds came through just after I got south a bit...WHEW! Went to Whole Foods and they were closing because of another tornado coming that way....slowly made my way to the Cancer Center where they were treating folks in their lunch room. The chemo room has windows. Everybody was tense-wanting to leave and get to their kids or pets...see what was happening with their homes. They are saying 7 tornados in the area. I called to see if I could come back north and everyone was hunkered down because of tornado warning sirens in Cheyenne. Finally got a window and got home about 5:45. We had more tornado warning sirens last night. Laramie go hit too. I talked to Cathy and they are still without power... and it was snowing! Good grief....let's head for the beach.

I will post my summer chemo schedule. It is all over the place.

Happy Friday, Happy long weekend!
hugs,
chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home