Chris's Journal

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Scrappy Insurgency

This should be half way! Round 3 went well yesterday and I was out of there in just over 5 1/2 hours. My cousin Liz was with me and we yakked and I dozed off a lot-so exciting for her! I just can't say enough good things about Dr. Kanard and the nurses at the Cancer Center. So caring and they answer your questions, acknowledge your fears. I feel I am in very capable hands.

Des took us to Fort Collins when she dropped her mom off at the shuttle and then Katie came down to get us. The forecast had been for freezing drizzle and snow and I did not want Liz (she is from Houston) to learn snow driving on the interstate. As it turned out, it was gorgeous-blue sky, sunny and dry roads. Best laid plans...

Blood counts came screaming back up and all looks good.

Shareen is going to have a Yoga-thon on April 17th. It will be at the Community House here in Cheyenne. Proceeds go to the American Cancer Society (as part of our Relay for Life efforts) and, if folks so desire, toward some of my medical costs. What a sweet thing for her to do. I am, again, overwhelmed.
Please come and join us. The theme is 108 Sun Salutations. But, you do not have to do 108!! Come do as many as you can/want and share in a fun afternoon. No experience required. For more information, contact Shareen Muldrow. smuldrow@att.net

Thank you all for being part of my Scrappy Insurgency!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home