Chris's Journal

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Round 2

Yesterday was round 2 and it went much smoother than the first. "Only" 5 1/2 hours this time and no allergic reaction to the Taxol. Sheila came with me this time and fetched me tea and lunch. Her eyes got pretty big when then pushed the needle into my port. She figured I would be impailed on the back of the chair!

My appointment with the oncologist was not has hopeful as I would have liked. But, fight on! I left my notes at home, so will have to be more specific later.

I came back to work this morning to an email from my uncle Guy and my brother in Alaska-the subject line said "Chris' cue ball club, northern expansion." I will attach a picture on another message later today-after Des shows me how to do it! Suffice it to say--they have shaved their heads in support!
His message: YBSU and YBSB have caught your fashion change and are with you all the way...cheers.

(YBSU and YBSB = your black sheep uncle and your black sheep brother! Long story, goes back to a Jimmy Buffett song!)

I am at work today for as long as I can. If it works like the last round the muscle, joint and bone pain hit late afternoon the day after chemo.

Carrie and her boyfriend Bryan will be up this weekend to help me out. They have already made me soup and plan to cook for me while they are here-wonderful! Always good to get hugs from my kid!

Thanks again for all your cards and emails-they keep my spirits high! It is good to have all those foot soldiers out there helping me fight this war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home