Chris's Journal

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Fat Tuesday

I picture a huge Mardi Gras going on in my system-lots and lots of chemo revelers in the streets, lots and lots of trash (dead cancer cells), and lots and lots of beads!

So far, so good-no hair on my head, but I still have brows and lashes....Once they go I can't imagine how long it will take me to get ready in the morning. I can't draw even a stick figure and now I will have to draw brows on my face AND get them even! Sheesh!

I attended a wonderful program through American Cancer Society called Look Good, Feel Better. http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org/
Each participant gets a box full of cosmetics and skin care products-all donated by companies such as Aveeda, Clinique, Estee Lauder, L'Oreal. A cosmetologist shows how to take care of skin during chemo, how to create brows and how to deal with hairloss. Each person could also take home a wig from the donation closet at ACS. (If you know someone who could use this program, please encourage them to participate or let me know and I will be happy to contact them.)

Numb hands and fingers make typing and picking things up a bit tricky and leg muscles are spazzing out a bit. But, all in all, things are good.

Snow here today-about to go take a walk and get a bagel. That will have to do for my Fat Tuesday feast this morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home