Chris's Journal

Monday, July 07, 2008

July? Already?

Yikes! Long time not chat!

I had a PET scan on the 30th. STABLE again! Can you believe it?! So, on with Alimta.
I have been on Alimta for almost 3 years and, come December, will have been beating the c!#p out of cancer for 4 years. All I can say..."don't mess with me!"

I do have to admit, some days...I don't feel that cocky or that strong. I want to just go and hide under the bed. I sometimes wonder what the point is. All this money for treatment, all the hard earned money/time/gifts/efforts that folks have sent my way...and no realistic hope for a cure.
Most days, however, I brush off the dust bunnies and put on my boxing gloves and live like there is going to be a cure. Miracles do happen!

hugs,
chris

1 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Darcy said…

    I guess the point is that life is happening while we make plans? All I can tell you woman, is, when we have a conversation about how people's personalities can either help them live or not you are an inspiration. Heck, none of us will never know the answers to the BIG questions. All we can do is hold on and know that God is waiting for us.
    Speaking of fighters, if you haven't visited the BLOG lately, go see our newest member of the family...also a fighter! We should have named him Chris or Vanny or something like that! We love you babe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home