Chris's Journal

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mending in the Mountains

Just back from a great time in Montana. It was the perfect fall weekend-trees at their peak of yellow, sky so blue, new snow on the mountains, warm and sunny....WOW!

Went with pal Karin to a retreat called Mending in the Mountains. It was at Lone Mountain Ranch up near Big Sky. Beautiful location and wonderful folks. It was for women dealing with cancer and put on by the Wellness Community in Bozeman. Such attention to detail and so much care. (http://www.thewellnesscommunity.org/montana/) It was a nice balance of cancer info and pampering.

After the retreat I went to visit my friend Kay Van Norman in Bozeman. She took me horseback riding in the mountains. So fun! I had not been on a horse since the 70's. Happy to report that I stayed in the saddle! We had a great visit-she and I always come up with lots of ideas to get ourselves inspired.

Stopped to see dad on the drive home. He is so cool.

Last chemo Sheila came with me and she took some pictures and some video. After watching Crazy Sexy Cancer, I realized that I had no pictures of my oncologist or the chemo room, or the nurses. I have spent a lot of time with them and wanted it documented. I forgot to ask the nurses and Dr. Kanard if it was ok to post to the blog. I will get some up soon (well, it will probably be Des that does it!).

Monday is PET scan day....yikes! Light those candles, say those prayers and cross those fingers! (thanks!)

hugs,
chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home