Chris's Journal

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

celebration, anniversary, milestone

I began Alimta, a second-line treatment, on October 4th, 2005. On October 4th, 2007 I will get Alimta treatment #34.

That also means, that come Thursday, I will be having chemo treatment #40!

Pretty much kicking ass and taking names!
To what do I owe this success?
  • Alimta and Dr. Kanard and the fabulous chemo nurses
  • Family and Friends (I would be so sunk without you all)
  • Healthy eating (and fun eating!) and my vitamins/supplements
  • Keepng POSITIVE
  • red wine (Of course!)
  • getting out, doing things and having FUN
"Never forget the power of positive thinking. A study reported in Lancet showed that women who have a fighting spirit have a significant survival advantage compared to those who feel helpless and act passively. Best advice: Concentrate on what's good in your life, do what makes you happy and imagine yourself conquering cancer." (from an article: Beyond Chemo)

Go out and celebrate-we all deserve it!
hugs,
chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home