Chris's Journal

Friday, February 27, 2009

Mug messages

My friend Kay in Laramie sent me a John Wayne mug that says, "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway."

I love that...but it got me to thinking about cancer and courage.

Is it courage? I read about folks going through awful ordeals and they rise up. Yep, courage. I read about folks who endure surgeries and procedures and get on with their lives, LIVE their lives. Yep, courage.

Courage, Determination, Attitude...

I have another mug I love. Missy sent it to me. It is white with bold black letters. It simply says, f ! @k cancer. (I, of course, am adding the symbols here-the mug just spells it out!)
I know some folks are offended by the f ! @k cancer stuff...but, to me, it is the same as the courage statement, but with big fat attitude! This is not an enemy you speak kindly to!

Then there is my Life is Good mug. Ahhhhhhh.....

Indeed.

hugs,
chris
p.s. to Kris (TMK)-I am overwhelmed by the "our day" gift. Wow...and thank you for the words of cheer! Friday the 13th rocks--as do you!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The "Our Day" gift was entirely my pleasure. Another Friday the 13th coming up next week--enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home