Chris's Journal

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

back up

...and then with the turn of a valve, my fresh start feels a bit soiled...

The infusion hit me pretty hard. Sat there for quite a bit, blood pressure spiking, sick... My chemo nurse Kenna (she rocks!) sat and talked with me for a bit. We talked about the chemo and how long it has been. Once I started to feel better, I headed back up the highway. Was in bed pretty much from late Saturday afternoon til Tuesday morning.
But, once I started to feel better Wednesday, it was all good...fresh as a daisy! (Ok, am I taking the fresh thing too far?!)

Next chemo is on a Monday (Feb. 16th). My daughter will be here next week-YAHOO! Dr. Kanard let me push chemo a few days so that I could feel good the weekend of Valentine's for her baby shower. Yep-I get to be a grandma! Is that just the coolest?!

Just started a book by Marianne Williamson and this was in the introduction:

But the point of a life journey isn't whether or not we've fallen down; it's whether or not we've learned how to get back up.

hugs,
chris

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Peg said…

    And "get up" you do with such amazing grace and courage.
    What an inspiration you are!
    Have a great baby shower and congratulations on the grandbaby in your near future.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home