Chris's Journal

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

ugh...

This is rude! Here it is Tuesday, and I am still so green and my body has alien parts. ugh. Monday I had to go and take a nap at lunch. I slept in this morning, but could go lay down again. I just wish that when I did lay down I wasn't so uncomfortable. Did I already say "ugh?"

Lots of good stuff coming up-looks to be a grand summer! Lots of company and places to go!

I was re-reading some of Leroy Sievers' blog entries-

You have to find a way to come to peace with it, or it really will ruin your life. Or, certainly, run your life. We'd feel those same things if we knew we had one year, or 20 years, to live. There's never enough time.
Maybe the best response, actually one of the best lines I've heard in a long time, was the last line in Karen's note. "There is no vacation from cancer," she wrote. "However if it's going to come along with us, the least we can do is show it a good time." That made me laugh. But I'll be damned if cancer's going to get a window seat, and it had better not start asking "Are we there yet?" The answer to that is "no."

I hope that your summer is filling up with good times...come by or call if you can!

A special thank you to Marci today-it is her birthday. She has done so much to lift my spirits-hysterical cards, fun and funny little presents I can open on the icky days... You rock!

hugs,
chris

2 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    It seems trivial to me with everything others have to deal with, but your words and the idea of not letting external things run your life, accepting and taking it along for the ride, sure hit the right spot with me today. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Chris in Wyoming said…

    Thank you for commenting and sharing, too. Hope you are well.
    c

     

Post a Comment

<< Home