Chris's Journal

Thursday, March 18, 2010

attitude

2010 is just a rockin' year! It amazes me how you can change your life and how you live it just by changing your attitude.

I let my teeth get bad...why go to the dentist? I am not supposed to live.
I let my finances get neglected...why bother? I am just going to die.
I let my well-being slip from priority...why workout? I am just going to be sick and in bed again.

Jimmy Buffett has a song called Growing Older But Not Up. The chorus says, "I'd rather die while I am living than live while I am dead."

So, after my dreary summer and fall, I have gotten back out there. What a great year!

I have realized that it is ok to have a bad day or week...or even months. But, eventually, you have to crawl out from under the bed, dust yourself off, and look at life with gratitude. Don't get me wrong, this little Pollyanna still gets pissy and mad about all this. But you do choose how you conduct your life.

"We can move out of our own way, and we can make room for the blessings in our life to flow."
(from Living Life as a Thank You by Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons)

hugs,
chris

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Montana Kay said…

    you go girl! It's been fun to see the change and hear the spark in your voice. hugs WO1

     

Post a Comment

<< Home