Chris's Journal

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Catching up

Happy Fat Tuesday! My kind of day-feasting and celebrating!
I was looking back at past posts-Fat Tuesday 2005 I posted: "I picture a huge Mardi Gras going on in my system-lots and lots of chemo revelers in the streets, lots and lots of trash (dead cancer cells), and lots and lots of beads! "

I had a PET scan on Jan. 17th and then met with Dr. K. The scan indicates some "activity." So, 3 more infusions of Alimta and then another scan in April. She feels that we will be changing to something else. I am happy that there is something else... This will be my third protocol and I am hoping that the research is moving right along so that there is always something bigger and tougher to fight with.

I was bummed to hear that the cancer was starting to find a way around the Alimta. But, glass half full, the Alimta has really worked some magic, for a long time. I have been so lucky. Of course, I am counting on the new scan showing that the "activity" was just the cancer cells burning out-like stars. A burst of activity and then GONE. Those cancer cells are in the midst of their own Fat Tuesday-one last blast and it is over!

Put on your beads and have a grand day!

hugs,
chris

2 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Dee said…

    GLASS HALF FULL! I love that you flipped it and added some positivity towards the end because let me tell you, there's ALWAYS a positive side, sometimes it's just more difficult to find/come across than others.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Debbie Young said…

    Hey Chris
    love your pink blog!
    Congrats on 3 years survival.. I hope it turns into thriving! Got you on the wheatgrass list too.
    Read the Anatomy of Hope by Jerome Groopman (sp?)
    it really is helpful.
    Hope is all we have
    deb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home