Chris's Journal

Thursday, December 20, 2007

3 years and still here!

I know I should write something today... I am speechless actually.
Lots of emotions. Overwhelmed. Sad. Weepy. Triumphant.

I went to look at what I wrote in December 2005 and December 2006:
One year ago today
It was a year ago today that the diagnosis of cancer changed my life....well, all our lives. I thank you all for your support this year. Your calls, prayers, cards, treasures, food, hugs, and dollars. I have been overwhelmed. I am very thankful.I wish you all a wonderful holiday season.


Thoughts on 2 years
A blizzard kept me from celebrating 2 years of (as Emily says) kicking C butt with friends last night....but, I sure did celebrate the fact that I was still here to tip a glass. (And I did so by tipping a glass...or two!) I am able to be here to celebrate because of YOU, because of Dr. Kanard and the chemo nurses (truly angels here on earth) at the Cancer Center of the Rockies, and because of Alimta.It has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions these past 2 years. From the high of "I will beat this," to the lows of "is this my last Christmas?" From days when it is all consuming to those days when I hardly think about it. From long nights of terror to days of HOPE. Let's all take HOPE into the new year...I know I am.



***********************************************************
It is a blessing to be here to celebrate another Christmas!

What else am I feeling? HOPE.
hugs,
chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home