Chris's Journal

Friday, February 09, 2007

another Friday, another day after chemo

I have made notes about things I want to write about on this blog. I wonder if I should write more often, if it is still of interest or helpful to anyone... I read other people's blogs and find such cool things-Leroy Sievers' blog, My Cancer, on his cancer journey, my friend Kay Van Norman's blog called Brilliant Aging. (http://www.kayvannorman.com/) The blog called 37 days, started with the question, "what would I be doing today if I only had 37 days to live?"

I am finding that I need some encouragement and ideas...some inspiration. I am finding it in these postings. When I find them, I like to post them here. It reinforces it for me and I hope it is of interest to you.

Something I read on My Cancer blog was about a special signal or wave for cancer patients/survivors. A post by a reader said "Sometimes the wave can be found on a stranger's wrist. It might be pink, blue, purple, green, clear, or yellow. Simple rubber bracelets with phrases of hope: Courage, Strength, Livestrong. It is often hard to tell if it is a wave from experience or simply solidarity. Husbands wearing pink bracelets, families with yellow Livestong bracelets all tell their own story. Wave their own wave...Whether it be a nod, bracelet or ribbon that shares what we have or what we care about acknowledgement of another human being is sometimes all any of us need."

I know we all wore the braceles faithfully for a bit. I think that it is time to "get 'em out, and get 'em on!" It shows our support, and as the one I wear for lung cancer (white) from www.choosehope.com, says, "Say it, fight it, cure it."

Chemo went well yesterday. I had a good chat with Dr. Kanard. Did not feel as bad at the end of the chemo treatment as I did last time. By the time I got back to Cheyenne I was more than ready to be on the couch, though!

Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs,
c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home